The e-commerce industry is ready to evolve and expand. Digital buyer’s penetration predicted to edge near about 50% of overall Internet users. An online business requires an E-Commerce platform. However, choosing the best e-Commerce CMS can be a lot of work. E-Commerce website needs to be functional and cheap not just visually appealing.
What is CMS?
CMS options for ecommerce sites is a software application used to create and manage digital content. It facilitates collaboration in the workplace by integrating document management, digital asset management and records retention functionalities, and providing end users with role-based access to the organization’s digital assets.
Features of CMS
CMS typically provide the following features:
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Integrated audit logs
- Integrated and online help
- Modularity and extensibility
- User functionality
- Compliance with various accessibility frameworks and standards
- Templating support for changing designs
Advantages of CMS
- Manage all of your content in one place.
- Optimize your content for search, mobile, and conversions.
- Personalize your website content for every visitor.
Components of CMS
CMS typically has two major components:
- A content management application (CMA) is the front-end user interface that allows a user, even with limited expertise, to add, modify, and remove content from a website without the intervention of a webmaster.
- A content delivery application (CDA) compiles that information and updates the website.
Best e-Commerce CMS Platforms (Hosted)
Hosted eCommerce websites are based on SaaS (Software as a service) system, wherein you can sign up with the company and begin the store. You will not have any access to software for coding and modification.
- Shopify – Shopify is by far the best eCommerce platform for small to medium scale businesses that are just starting with an online store. You will find many ready-to-use templates yet can be customized to meet business requirements. The system allows for selling physical or digital goods. Shopify eCommerce platform is flexible, easy-to-use and lets you expand with required features using add-ons or third-party apps. It offers 14 days of the free trial.
- BigCommerce – BigCommerce is cloud-based, user-friendly software that allows the user to build a beautiful, responsive web store without any design knowledge. BigCommerce can handle everything from products, payments, shipping, checkouts, coupons, integration and more. BigCommerce platform also has more than 320 add-ons, some of which are at low cost and others are free.
Best eCommerce CMS Platforms (Self-Hosted)
Self-Hosted platforms are generally based on open-source software, which you can download, run and edit as per your need.
- Magento – Magento is the best eCommerce CMS you will come across if you are a pro in web development. Magento eCommerce provides the highest level of flexibility and control over developing the store with splendid add-ons and extensions. The platform is also highly-scalable, so you would never want to move on once comfortable with Magento. The community version of Magento is free and mostly sufficient for small and medium-sized businesses. It offers Free Community Edition.
- PrestaShop – PrestaShop is a free, open source and downloadable eCommerce CMS platform for managing your online store in real time. It’s easy to install and can be customized with little web development experience. PrestaShop comes with over 275 features including product management, store management, SEO, Checkouts and Shipping, Marketing, Reporting and more. It offers its services for free.
Personalized content means a better user experience and a better performing website. Dynamically tailor your content to individual visitors based on location, source, device, language, or by any detail stored in your CRM, from demographic information to contacts’ interactions with your brand.